U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
North Hero, VT
A 18-year-old female asked:

I have bad pain starting in my hip/pelvis area.gone down through my leg and i have to use my hands to move my leg because of the pain, what causes this?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Dechellis
Pain Management 15 years experience
Evaluation: Any pain that is significant enough to limit function warrants a formal evaluation by a physician. Depending on inciting event surrounding the initiation of the pain, the type of physician used for evaluation may vary. Contact pcp asap to help guide you in appropriate referral. If related to a trauma or unable to contact your personal physician may consider evaluation in emergency room.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ricardo Borrego
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Urgent: From your description of what's going OM this is not normal for anyone. My suggestion is to see your primary doctor to get an MRI or x-ray of your back to see if there is anyhting anatomically causing you this pain and inability to move your legs. Don't wait on this!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.