Seth, WV

I fell in my yard on my left hip 2 weeks ago. bruise size of lrg hand from hip down to my thigh. swollen, very tender, and warm to the touch?

Dr. John Despain
Dermatology 39 years experience
Hematoma or infect: The pain and warmth worries me, not likely a broken bone but may well be a soft tissue infection. Ou need to see a doc.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 41 years experience
most likely a large hematoma especially in this area I would get examined and possible xray to be safe
Sep 11, 2012
Pathology 51 years experience
Bleed in tissue: The trauma likely resulted in bleeding in your tissues. It will resolve though it may take a few weeks. If you get fever, the pain at the size increases or if it ulcerates, see a doctor.
Last updated Nov 15, 2019