PA

my aunt has burning in her throat despite protonix (pantoprazole) 40mg. what can she do? can acid reflux also cause vomiting during car rides?

Dr. Scott Hackett
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 39 years experience
Full evaluation: If laryngopharyngeal reflux is the source of the burning in the throat consider taking 40mg twice daily, 30 minutes prior to breakfast and the evening meal. I suggest that you have a full evaluation by an ENT to be sure the diagnosis is correct. Sitting can cause an increase in pressure in the abdomen and promote reflux.
Dr. Mujjahid Abbas
Bariatrics 20 years experience
Acid reflux : Life style modification like Avoiding smoking, caffeine, soda, spices, chocolate are amongst few things which help reduce reflux . If symptoms persist despite OTC medications a detailed evaluation by the physician and / or gastro enterologist is needed. Spontaneous vomiting can result because of Reflux disorder however there are so many causes involved that a proper medical assessment is a must.

Last updated Aug 20, 2018