A member asked:

I've gotten in a lot of messes in the past and i can't seem to let go. should i go to a psychiatrist?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

That's OK or u could: Begin with counseling. You also may be able to raise that problem with your primary care physician or someone in your family or very close friends you trust. Start where you feel most safe and comfortable talking about it and go from there.

Answered 5/26/2014


Dr. Pamela Pappas answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Perhaps: I'm not sure what kind of messes you're referring to, but incapacitating guilt can certainly affect your mental health. Psychiatrists can often help with this -- but if you decide to see one, make sure s/he offers psychotherapy as well as medication management in his or her practice. It sounds like talk therapy will be an important part of your healing. Be well.

Answered 12/9/2013



Related Questions