Does your teeth get so bad at some point that theres nothing a dentist can do. like give you dentures. my teeth are the worst in world i am sure. i hope to be able to smile again someday. is this realistic to think ? i have like 3 full teeth left

6 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. G Funari answered

The : The first step is to see a general dentist for an evaluation. Where possible, the choice should always be made to save teeth, in part to preserve the bone in your jaws. Failing that you have the option to replace your teeth with full dentures or implant support teeth (denture or bridge). The latter option is better because it gives you stable teeth to chew with and helps to preserve the bone in the jaws. If you go with full dentures you will continue to lose bone which will affect how well you chew but also how you look.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Peter Certo answered

Specializes in Dentistry

I : I suggest you follow dr funari's advice and see a general dentist as soon as possible to have your remaining teeth evaluated. We, as dentists, try to save teeth, but sometimes we can not if the teeth in question are too broken down. Implants, bridge work and denture all are fine, but nothing we use is better than your own teeth. If your dentist can save some, keep them and get partial dentures made. Implants are an option to help support dentures or even bridge work, but there are factors that determine wether or not you can get them. See your general dentist first, then see an oral surgeon for an implant consultaion.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Alan Zweig answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

I : I am not sure what you are exactly asking, but modern dentistry can do wonders for people who have none of their own teeth. Dentures may be a first step, but you can continue from there to get implants reconstructing your entire mouth so that you can chew and smile as if you had your own teeth.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

Dr. John Thaler answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Very realistic: This is 2013 -- you can have a smile again. See a prosthodontist for an evaluation and to discuss your options. You can have your smile back !

Answered 4/6/2016

5.3k views

A prosthodontist: Specializes in tooth replacement, so you can get your smile back.

Answered 5/20/2015

5.1k views