my dentists says im sensitive to the white fillings so he needs to replace them with silver ones? i called my dentist and told him im in pain with the white filling and he said sometimes ppl can not have the white cause they r to sensitve and silver has

4 doctor answers
Dr. R Thomas
Dr. R Thomas answered
31 years experience Dentistry
I : I have never heard of such a thing. White filling are much more technique sensitive and this one sounds like it is either just a bit high or needs to be redone. Sounds like you are on the right track by seeing the new dentist.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funari answered
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
I : I would recommend that the new filling be removed and a temporary sedative filling placed until the symptoms subsided. With out more details it is difficult to come to a conclusion as to the cause of your pain. There are many possibilities for your discomfort...Deep drilling which affected the nerve, filling left over-contoured resulting you prematurely biting on that tooth, reaction to the bonding agent. A second opinion may be warranted in this case.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Felicia Mata
24 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Based : Based on what you presented here, it sounds like a case of what we call hyperocclusion. Notify your dentist right away so he can find what surface/spot it is coming from so he can adjust the filling. Traumatic beating can inflame the pulp and periodontal tissues causing tenderness in chewing/biting and sensitivity to cold. It is ususally reversible.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
42 years experience Dentistry
Not enough info: Unfortunately, there is not enough information to answer your question. What kind of composite filling was used, what placement technique (direct vs. indirect), what kind of bonding method was used, was a liner placed before the fillings were placed. I have not encountered a problem like yours in over twenty years. I'd seek out a second opinion!
Answered on Aug 2, 2014