What could this be, rectal bleeding with clumping of 100% straight blood ? "no stool just bright blood" i am trying to help my husband with this problem. he has been to a doctor and a colonoscopy and mri were done. the colonoscopy was said to show only

This : This is clearly concerning. Since the doctor called at 4 on a friday, he may have been trying to give results but not give a lengthy office session over the phone. A lot of times doctors get busy and can't get to these calls until the end of the day. I recommend that your husband schedule an appointment with the doctor to go over all of the studies and to obtain options for either treatment or specialty evaluation. Hopefully, he will be evaluated by a general surgeon if that hasn't already been done.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Olaf Johansen
Colon and Rectal Surgery 38 years experience
Internal hemorrhoids: This type of large amounts of bright red bleeding without stool and no pain and a negative colonoscopy is almost always due to vascular internal hemorrhoid, you need to see a colon and rectal surgeon, many times this can be treated with a simple office procedure (rbl).
Last updated Oct 3, 2016