is a revision rhinoplasty more expensive than a first rhinoplasty? i was never completely happy with how my original rhinoplasty turned out, and i've recently been considering revision rhinoplasty. in researching the procedure, i'm noticing that costs see

Dr. Richard Arden
36 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
I : I am assuming you do not wish to return to your original surgeon whereby some of the cost issues could be reduced or waived for revision. In my practice i typically do not charge a patient who has had previous surgery elsewhere any more for their secondary rhinoplasty than i would charge someone for their primary one unless there are unusual circumstances or anticipated prolonged operating times. I suspect that the reason others might charge more is that there is increased complexity in performing revision surgery, in some cases longer surgical times involved that may require distant graft harvests ( such as rib or ear cartilage), and increased expertise and potential risks with revisional surgery (depending on the problem) that is involved.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016