How long do i have to wait after revision rhinoplasty before i can exercise? i had to wait three weeks after my first surgery. will the wait time be similar for revision rhinoplasty?

10 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

3 : 3 weeks is an average time to hold off on exercising after rhinoplasty. It'll probably be similar with a revision, but could be longer if cartilage grafts need to be taken from the ear or rib. Your surgeon can give you more specific recommendations regarding how long you should wait before exercising.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Mia Skourtis answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

I : I typically instruct my patients to wait 4 weeks before resuming aerobic exercise, and wait 2-3 months before resuming activities that at are higher risk of trauma to the nose (volleyball, etc). This helps the swelling to resolve more quickly, and avoids trauma to the newly reshaped nose that could potentially injure the tissues and cause long term distortion. All the best, dr. Skourtis.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

2-3 weeks: After revision rhinoplasty usually you need to avoid exercise for 2-3 weeks, but check with your surgeon.

Answered 9/12/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Larry Nichter answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Exercise after Rhino: . After three weeks, most normal activities and light exercise can be resumed.Heavy activity, including bending and lifting, should be avoided for the first 6 weeks for most patients.

Answered 9/12/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Henry Mentz answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Surgery

3-4 weeks: Most patients can return to work in 7-10 days and resume exercise in three to four weeks. Every surgeon has different instructions, so it would be best to ask your surgeon.

Answered 6/20/2015

2.7k views