What happens if the surgeon doing my brow lift pulls my forehead too tight? i think i'd like a brow lift, but i keep picturing myself with a constantly surprised look from having my eyebrows pulled up too high. how likely is it that could that happen? can

Dr. Benjamin Cilento
Facial Plastic Surgery 24 years experience
Hi, : Hi, there is a small but real risk of the eyebrow position being too high or low after a brow lift/forehead lift... Either endoscopic or open... A surprised look as you describe is usually temporary and resolves after swelling goes down... If it doesn't, there are ways of reversing it but none of them are easy... Fortunately a well done forehead lift does not usually result in a bad outcome..
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery 22 years experience
The : The best way to avoid the suprised look after having a brow lift is find a surgeon who has before and after pictures to show you that don't have this look. Some surgeons may have a tendency to lift more of a lift than others, based on their personal aesthetic. There are ways of reducing an over lifted look but this isn't easy to do.
Dr. Catherine Winslow
Facial Plastic Surgery 35 years experience
Pick good surgeon!: A browlift can give a surprised look, especially if too much tension is placed on the inner brow. The tail of the brow tends to drop more with age and should get more attention and lift. It helps to know someone with a good result, but looking at the surgeon's before/after photographs will give you an idea of his philosophy and results. Good luck!
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Plastic Surgery 42 years experience
Choose Your Surgeon: Choose your plastic surgeon carefully and make sure to note your worries during the consultation. View a lot of before and after photos during the consult, too, looking specifically at the results to determine if those patients look refreshed and relaxed or permanently surprised. A great way to start choosing surgeons is PlasticSurgery.org's find a surgeon offering (by location and procedure).

Last updated Jun 26, 2018