Severe headache, my head is throbbing and i have pain above my eye brows, it feels tight and painful. the back of my skull gets shooting pain as well?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Adam Lewis answered

Specializes in Neurosurgery

Tension migraine is a type of headache caused by contraction of the muscles that attach to the skull. The headaches often worsen as the day progresses. Treatment includes massage, physical therapy, biofeedback and meditation to reduce stress and anxiety. Botox injections in the scalp muscles and a variety of medications may reduce the headaches. See a neurologist who specializes in headaches.

Answered Jul 5, 2014

4.1k views