Can a brow lift also reduce a high forehead? i've always disliked my high forehead. now that i'm considering a brow lift to fix my saggy eyebrows, i'm wondering if there's a way to also make my forehead smaller.

Dr. Mia Skourtis
Surgery - Plastics 24 years experience
There : There are several different techniques available for a brow lift procedure, with the goal always being to tighten the skin supporting the brows and achieve brow elevation. In people who have a high forehead, the incision may be made directly in front of the hair line, removing the excess skin from the forehead itself and effectively shortening the forehead while raising the brows. This is a very good option to treat both issues, but be aware that you can expect some numbness of the scalp directly behind the incision. All the best, dr. Skourtis.
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery 22 years experience
It : It is possible to do a brow lift in which the incision is placed at the hairline and excess forehead skin is excised to shorten the overall forehead length. The brows can then be lifted at the same time this type of brow lift would be expected to leave a small scar at the hairline and also lead to skin numbness above the incision line.
Dr. Joseph Mele
Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Absolutely, : Absolutely, a brow lift can be used to reduce the amount of skin on the forehead and advance the hairline forward. This technique is called the anterior hairline approach, and works very well. More information on this and other brow lift techniques is available on my website here: http://www.Drmele.Com/brow-lift.Html thanks for your question.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016