I'am the lady with the pain for 4 yrs...this is the continue... i have been to the er multiple times in the last 4 yrs.i have had endless tests.ultrasounts, mri's, hiates, colonoscopy, endoscopy, endless bloodwork, tests to check my kidneys, camera insert

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Returning : Returning to the er is unlikely to help make the diagnosis. Er's are set up for emergency situations, and they cannot perform complicated testing as you know. The best thing is to establish with an excellent primary care physician, either an internal medicine or family practice physician. However, you need to know that there are some conditions that cannot be diagnosed by current technology, and it is a matter of managing the symptoms. While that is a frustrating situation, it is reality, and is something to consider as you go through this process.

Last updated Jan 3, 2019