Australia

I have iron def anaemia. colonoscopy result ok, fobt +ve for blood am waiting for capsule endoscopy result. what is pill camera able to diagnose?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
Capsule endoscopy?: Capsule endoscopy (ce) can't be steered (yet) & can't take biopsies, but is amazingly useful in viewing the small bowel in real-time. As such, capsule endoscopy can find tumors, ulcers, bleeding sites, crohn's disease with great accuracy, and thus better direct treatment. Good luck--.
Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
It is not possible: To scope most of the small bowel. The pill cam can take pictures during the transit through the bowel and identify a site of blood loss.
Dr. Nikhil Karanth
Gastroenterology 24 years experience
intestinal source: Capsule endoscopy can evaluate the entire small intestine for any ulcerations, tumors, etc. this is usually used when both upper and lower endoscopic evaluations reveal negative (normal) results