I cut my palm and my finger is numb is that normal? could nerves be sown swan back together? 1/2 in wide 1/2in deep between thumb and index finger and my finger is numb and none of it realy hurts as long as its not bleeding and i keep tha skin together a

Dr. Frances Dyro
Neurology 55 years experience
It : It sounds as though you have injured the small digital nerve that supplies the side of the index finger that is toward the thumb. It may be that the swelling is compressing the nerve. Most of the time the nerve attempts to re-grow and sensation returns. You should probably see someone to have a decision made about sewing the nerve together. This is microsurgery because the sensory nerve is pretty small.
Last updated Jan 23, 2019