Salinas, CA

I am about 4 to 5 weeks pregnant i've been bleeding for a week already. i have no cramps nor blood clots . i went to the doctors yesturday and was told there was an egg sac but they couldn't see anything inside of it. the doctor told me i may be too early

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Correct!: This early in pregnancy makes it difficult to discern whether it is a developing fetus in the egg sac or a "blighted ovum" of a possible miscarrriage. The "tincture of time" will tell the difference. Be patient as mother nature works on her own schedule.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 50 years experience
Agree with Dr. I: You may get blood test for HCG level and repeat it in 2-3 days. In a healthy pregnancy HCG levels should double every 2 days or so.
Last updated Apr 30, 2019