i was prescribed percocet and restoril (temazepam). i took 30 mg of each at once by accident. can this kill me? im a little scared at the moment. i took them about 30 minutes apart.

Hello, : Hello, i can't answer this with the info you provided. Percocet comes in a variety of strengths: 2.5 mg of Oxycodone Hydrochloride with 325 of acetominophen being the lowest strength. It can go up to 10mg of oxycodone with 650mg of acetominophen. Because you shouldn't take more than four grams of acetominophen in a day, if you overdosed on the lower strength pills you could have ingested 3, 900 mg of acetomenophen. The normal dose of ristoral is 7.5mg to 15mg orally at bedtime. This is a psychiatrist answering your question. I know that sometimes people forget that they took their medication and accidentally take it again. However, I am doing the math, and i don't see how if the dose was doubled it would add up to 30mg of percocet. I am concerned that you either consciously or subconsciously took an overdose of your medication. I would recommend that you be seen at the emergency room. Take your pill bottles with you, because it will be important for the doctor evaluating you to determine how much acetomenophen you have taken. If there is any chance that this is not 100% accidental, please be honest with the doctor evaluating you, so that you can be helped. Take care.
Dr. Reynald Ferraz
I : I hope you are well since this is a question from a couple of days ago. When it comes to an overdose of medications, i'd err on the cautious side and would advise a patient to go to the nearest er. I don't get how you can accidentally ingest controlled medications like opioid painkillers and sedative-hypnotics such as the two pills you mentioned. I would begin to suspect intentional overdose to be quite frank.