i am wandering if me now having hypothyoridism and on top of that thinking about it all day has effects on how i function. i had radioactive iodine surgery because my thyroid was overactive, it has been about a year from then and right now i take 100 mg s

2 doctor answers
24 years experience Psychiatry
Hello. : Hello. Clearly this is very troubling for you. I recommend that you get a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation. That would include a metabolic work up. It sounds like you are having obsessive thoughts that your find upsetting. From what you describe you have had a marked change in your personality. Your quality of life can improve, but the cause of your symptoms needs to be evaluated. It is likely that you would benefit from psychotropic medication as well as cognitive behavioral therapy with a therapist.
Answered on Dec 30, 2017
3
Dr. Philip Kern
42 years experience Endocrinology
Probably hypothyroid: Your question is cut off. But the objective of radioactive iodine is usually to make you hypothyroid, and then you take thyroid replacement, levothyroxine (many brands). If you are taking levothyroxine, you may not be taking enough, and your symptoms may be from hypothyroidism. See your doc for a thyroid check up.
Answered on Nov 21, 2018