Can i get braces if I have dental implants? I'm 35, and would like to get braces. However, I have two dental implants on the upper left side of my jaw due to an accident years ago. Since these implants can't move, does that preclude me from being able to

Dr. Harry Aronowitz
43 years experience in Orthodontics
No, : No, implants do not preclude getting braces at all. If they are well placed, the fact that they don't move could be helpful as they can be used as anchors to facilitate the movement of your natural teeth. In some cases one or both implants can be removed if they would be in the way of the post orthodontic alignment. As every case is different, it would be a good idea to consult with an orthodontist to learn how to best incorporate your implants into an orthodontic treatment plan.
Answered on Oct 23, 2017