Can i have co2 laser resurfacing if i have a facial filler in my cheeks? could the co2 laser burn the filler?

7 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

The : The facial filler should be in a deeper plane than where the co2 laser treatment will reach so the filler shouldn't affect laser treatment.

Answered 4/28/2017

5.3k views

Dr. Robert Brueck answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

There : There is no problem.You should be able to have the resurfacing even though you had fillers.www.beautybybrueck.com.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Leonard Grossman answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

CO2 : Co2 laser and your fillers should have a good relationship, so don't worry. There is a slight risk of the filler being absorbed a little faster, but it can always be repeated. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views

Dr. Kirk Churukian answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

CO2 Laser + Fillers: Laser treatment with fillers in place has become very commonplace. In our practice we often perform injections of up to 5-6 syringes followed by fractional laser resurfacing. The local anesthetic usually contained by most fillers helps to minimize the pair of the laser treatment and enhances the overall rejuvenation!

Answered 7/17/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Payman Danielpour answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Yes: It is very common that in my practice we perform facial resurfacing with a co2 laser and inject facial fillers at the same time. There are no detrimental effects of doing the co2 laser with the dermal filler.

Answered 1/30/2015

5.2k views