I just had co2 laser resurfacing done under my eyes. what can i do to help recovery?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Barry Press answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Avoid the sun: Laser resurfacing is a controlled burn injury. Because the skin of the lower eyelids is about the thinnest in the body, treatment here has to be very shallow, thus the area should heal very quickly. The healed area will be very sun sensitive until the redness fades out. If it tans while still red, it may tan permanently, so use sunscreen!

Answered 8/15/2012

5.7k views

Dr. Leonard Grossman answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Elevation: Head elevation at night and following your doctors advice will help you the most. Good luck from nyc.

Answered 8/29/2012

5.6k views

Dr. Sheila Calderon answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Follow instructions: Your doctor will provide instructions regarding products to use and how often. Avoid alcohol, liquor, wine, beer, aspirin, ibuprofen, naprosyn, (naproxen) vit e, fish oil, or injuries which all may cause bruising and bleeding. Avoid sun light, stay indoors, use a hat and sunblock when getting in the car. Arnica montana 30 x, bromelain (pineapple) 500mg, and vit k decrease bruising if ok with your doctor.

Answered 3/26/2013

5.5k views