Kids grinding teeth while sleeping in the night#nqlu i have two kids, 5 and 3 year old. older is a girl and younger is boy. they both grind teeth while sleeping in the night. i thought they are having germs in the stomach so had them checked up by doctor

Dr. Lee Patalowski
Specializes in Dentistry
It : It is not uncommon for children to grind their teeth. They typically will outgrow the problem. At that age there is no recommended treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Bruce Apfelbaum
Dentistry 52 years experience
Dr. : Dr. Patalowski said it all. No treatment at this time, no harm will come of this. This is natural, don't interfere with kids being kids.
Dr. Jonathan Stone
Dentistry 31 years experience
It : It is quite common for children, especially young ones, to grind their teeth at night. It is 'kiddy' stress relief. There really is nothing you can do about it. You should not worry about it if the child otherwise sleeps well. It does not come from germs in the stomach. Sometimes the child will grow out of the habit, but if the habit continues to adulthood a nightguard can be made. There really is no nightguards for children. An orthodontist can make an appliance, but that is in extreme cases.
Dr. Neil McLeod
Prosthodontics 50 years experience
It : It is not uncommon for children to grind their teeth at night, and the major part of the treatment for this condition is to reassure the parents that a), the children are alright, and b), that they have not done something terribly wrong to cause their children to do something that they believe is abnormal and may be related to some awful stress to which they have exposed their children. Just have your children checked regularly and relax. I like s good stiff scotch now and then. Dr neil mcleod dds dentistry that lasts - quality that counts.