How could i get my four year old sister to stop grinding her teeth in her sleep?

Dr. R Sangal
Dr. R Sangalanswered
Sleep Medicine 45 years experience
Get mouth guard: See a dentist and get a mouth guard to avoid damage to teeth, but there really is no known treatment to stop a patient from grinding the teeth (bruxism).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 47 years experience
Tough solution at 4: Treating a 4 year old for grinding is a tough. Mouthguards are not very well tolerated at that age, and determining the cause is even more difficult. I heard once from a kids specialist that if pets are around that may have fleas, the fleas may get into the saliva of the child and create a situation where grinding can occur. Usually they grow out of it, but see kids specialist (pedodontist).