Can dermabrasion or microdermabrasion be effective in treating acantholytic dermatosis? i've had red spots on my belly and chest area for many years and my dermatologist says there is no cure. i've seen several; one suggested accutane but i declined, pass

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Sounds : Sounds like you might have either darier's disease or hailey-hailey? There are several treatments that can help for these conditions but no cure. There are some reports of laser being helpful for hailey-hailey. I would recommend you consider getting a second opinion so that you get a good idea of all the treatment options and better tips on managing this condition. I hope that helps!

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Glynis Ablon answered

Specializes in Dermatology

There is no great: treatment for Grover's Disease as it recurs. topicals like retinoids and steroids seem to work best. sometimes cautery helps, and you can certainly try microdermabrasion but understand it can recur

Answered 11/21/2014

3.7k views