Lake Oswego, OR

I am not sure how this works but i would like to discuss my problem with acne. i have seen multiple dermatologist and have not been happy with the results. i am currently on doxycycline and i use a benzoyl peroxide wash with epiduo and an over the counter spot treatment. i have spoke with my dr and he thinks i would be a great candidate for accutane. he wants me to go to another dermatologist but i thought i would try this first. acne?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Be persistent: Acne is a chronic condition that is typically not "fixed" in a short time. It requires persistence and the diligent application/taking of medication, and lifestyle changes, as well as adjustments as certain meds fail to work over the long run. Accutane is a very strong medication that has significant risks & side effects. It should be used only as a last resort and for cystic lesions only
Last updated Dec 11, 2020