My daughter is 5 years old and complained of ear ache last night. it is the weekend and i cannot get an appointment. she has a cough for around 2 weeks now and still has mucus. please advise

Dr. Joy Jackson
For : For the future if your daughter is complaining of moderate to severe pain, she is uncomfortable, and possibly has a fever then you can take her to an urgent care since most doctor's offices are closed on weekends. If she does have an ear infection, this can be very painful and antibiotics should be started as soon as possible. Also childrens tylenol (acetaminophen) or advil can be given for pain. I hope she has seen her doctor and is better by now.

Last updated Oct 3, 2016