U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

does shifting of implants mean i need breast implant removal? i think my implants have shifted. is breast implant removal the only way to fix it?

5 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Terrence Higgins
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Some : Some movement of the implants is normal and expected... If the implants migrate too far into armpits or axilla this can bother some patients and prompt revision surgery. Or if the implant is truly too small for the patients chest wall, a more proportional implant choice may be needed. Consult your plastic surgeon for a consult. Best of luck to you.
Dr. Michael Edwards
Plastic Surgery 37 years experience
The : The pocket that surrounds your breast implants is called a capsule. This capsule determines for the most part how much your implants moves or shifts. There is no replacement for an in person examine by a board-certified plastic surgeon but it is not uncommon to be able to improve the position of a breast implant by tightening or altering the breast capsule. I recommend you visit a board-certified plastic surgeon for a proper evaluation. I wish you well. Dr. Edwards.
Dr. Robert Brueck
Plastic Surgery 48 years experience
It : It really depends on the degree and does it bother you.If the implant is under your armpit and needs to have the pocket adjusted then it needs to be doen in a a sterile operating room suite.www.beautybybrueck.com.
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Plastic Surgery 36 years experience
In : In some women, especially thinner patients, implants may shift. Early bra wearing can be of help. Implants don't have to be removed if the shifting does not bother you and you are happy with the overall look. Implants may need replacement if you wish to undergo a surgical procedure that will correct the shifting. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
No.: “shifting” of breast implants does not necessarily require removal of the breast implants. If the shifting or displacement of breast implant is significant or bothersome, revisionary breast surgery may be very helpful. Generally speaking, capsulorraphy surgery will serve to adjust the breast implant pocket so that the breast implant(s) remains in better position.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 35-year-old member asked:

Just started birth control again. There is clearish fluid discharging from breasts. What could it be?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Family Medicine 23 years experience
Probably nothing: Birth control pills are known to cause hormonal resets in a woman's body. Breast is hormone regulated organ, so that is no surprise you are reacting the way you are. Chances are with the next cycle you may not have any, although, i did have patients who were lactating all along. In that case, i'd check prolactin level and rule out other causes for lactation.
A 38-year-old member asked:

What can be done to treat acne on the face, chest, and shoulders?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 32 years experience
Acne Therapy: Acne treatments work by reducing oil production, speeding up skin cell turnover, fighting bacterial infection, reducing the inflammation or doing all four. With most prescription acne treatments, you may not see results for four to eight weeks, and your skin may get worse before it gets better. There are topicals like ziana and epiduo and oral medication like solodyn (minocycline). See your dermatologist.
A 45-year-old member asked:

What are the health differences between bottle feeding and breast feeding?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Scott Welker
General Surgery 27 years experience
Breast fed is best: For many many reasons! www.Lalecheleague.Org/nb/nbbenefits.Html has a great explanation. On the other hand bottle feeding is ok and you shouldn't fee lguilty if you are unable to breast feed.
A 46-year-old member asked:

How can I avoid putting pressure on my arm and prevent breast lymphedema?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology 54 years experience
General care: Lymphedema of the arm is seen following breast procedures (axillary dissection, radiation), and avoiding putting pressure on the arm doesn't prevent the swelling. Avoid scratches, injury of the arm that can result in infection and further damage of the lymphatics. Seek help of a lymphedema trained physical therapist for specific advice.
A 48-year-old male asked:

I have started feeling growth under my right nipple for the last one and half year when toucvhed it pains sharpely. There is no oain wothout touching

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Nicholas Martin
Family Medicine 49 years experience
MALE OR FEMALE ?: Males can convert testosterone to estrogen, especially if they have stored fat.This estrogen can stimulate the male breast to hypertrophy state with pain. Females can have blocked ducts, cysts, tumors and over stimulation with especially during puberty.

Related questions

A member asked:
5 doctor answers19 doctors weighed in
A 27-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Oct 4, 2016

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.