does shifting of implants mean i need breast implant removal? i think my implants have shifted. is breast implant removal the only way to fix it?

Dr. Terrence Higgins
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Some : Some movement of the implants is normal and expected... If the implants migrate too far into armpits or axilla this can bother some patients and prompt revision surgery. Or if the implant is truly too small for the patients chest wall, a more proportional implant choice may be needed. Consult your plastic surgeon for a consult. Best of luck to you.
Dr. Michael Edwards
Plastic Surgery 37 years experience
The : The pocket that surrounds your breast implants is called a capsule. This capsule determines for the most part how much your implants moves or shifts. There is no replacement for an in person examine by a board-certified plastic surgeon but it is not uncommon to be able to improve the position of a breast implant by tightening or altering the breast capsule. I recommend you visit a board-certified plastic surgeon for a proper evaluation. I wish you well. Dr. Edwards.
Dr. Robert Brueck
Plastic Surgery 48 years experience
It : It really depends on the degree and does it bother you.If the implant is under your armpit and needs to have the pocket adjusted then it needs to be doen in a a sterile operating room suite.www.beautybybrueck.com.
Dr. Leonard Grossman
Plastic Surgery 36 years experience
In : In some women, especially thinner patients, implants may shift. Early bra wearing can be of help. Implants don't have to be removed if the shifting does not bother you and you are happy with the overall look. Implants may need replacement if you wish to undergo a surgical procedure that will correct the shifting. Good luck from nyc. For more info visit www.Drgrossman.Com.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
No.: “shifting” of breast implants does not necessarily require removal of the breast implants. If the shifting or displacement of breast implant is significant or bothersome, revisionary breast surgery may be very helpful. Generally speaking, capsulorraphy surgery will serve to adjust the breast implant pocket so that the breast implant(s) remains in better position.