A male asked:

Should i have a doctor look at my scar? i hit my head about 4 months ago and had to get 20 stitches above my eyebrow. it was healing well, and then yesterday i was playing basketball and the ball tapped my scar. i didn't think anything of it. but now the

Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 24 years experience
Hard : Hard to tell without a clinical examination, but scars are not at "full strength" at four months so i would probably consider having this evaluated to make sure it is healing properly. I hope this helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Cheryl Winchell
The : The bump on your head caused subcutaneous bleeding. The blood from the bruise dissected along tissue planes until it got to the scar and stopped. Your body will reabsorb the blood over the next few weeks. There is no reason for concern and no need to see the doctor as long as the head injury was minor with no loss of consciousness or subsequent impairment other than a bruise.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016