Any way to make my nose back to its normal size i crashed into a pole and got a goose egg the goose egg swelled down but my nose got fatter

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Julio Garcia answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

At : At this time i suggest ice 3-4 times per day for 3-5 minutes, after that switch to warm moist soaks to get the blood to absorb. Light massage will also help, starting at the bridge and pushing gently to the sides of the nose onto the cheek.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Thomas Lamperti answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

If : If your nose looks different despite improvement of your swelling you may have a nasal fracture. This may need to be fixed with surgical fracture reduction (if the injury was within the last 10 days or so) to reset the bones in the proper position. More formal reconstructive rhinoplasty may be needed if the bones have already set in place, though. You can visit with a facial plastic surgeon or otolaryngologist (ENT) to have your nose checked out to see what treatment you may need.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. Richard Fleming answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

You : You do not mention when the accident occurred. If there is a change in the appearance or function of your nose after the swelling resolves surgery may be necessary.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.5k views