A male asked:

at what age can a nose job be performed for a child with a birth abnormality? my child is 3 years old and he has a nose deformity that is not too severe, but noticeable. i have talked to various doctors and they seem to give me conflicting answers. is he

Dr. Mussarat Abidi
I : I would suggest to get it done before age 5yrs.
Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Gary Tuma answered
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Nasal surgery: The best advice is to see a physician trained in craniofacial surgery.
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Nose surgery: It depends on the deformity. It is possible that surgery could be done as young as three years old but we would want to make sure that the growth plate is not affected.
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Way too young!: Let your child's nose develop and don't worry. Things will change dramatically during development.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Rhinoplasty/child: If your child has a craniofacial abnormality affecting the nose, he should be seen by a board certified facial plastic surgeon who specializes in nasal reconstruction for pediatric cases.

Last updated Dec 10, 2016