would lipodissolve remove my lipoma? i have had a lipoma in my underarm for a few years. the doctor has wanted me to have it removed but i have not wanted to have the surgery. would lipodissolve be a non-surgical solution for this problem?

Dr. Leif Rogers
Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Lipodissolve : Lipodissolve does not provide reliable results and would unlikely be sufficient for treatment of a lipoma. Surgical excision is the best permanent treatment but if you are concerned about the scar, liposuction can be used, however it is more like that the lipoma will grow back as compared with excision.
Dr. Robert Brueck
Plastic Surgery 48 years experience
I : I weould not tecommend lipodissove.The results are so sporadic.The simplest thing to do would be to either do a simple excision under local or one could consider liposuction as well, .
Dr. John Walker
Plastic Surgery 26 years experience
Absolutely : Absolutely not. It's a crock, and there are lawsuits regarding mesotherapy. You should probably report people still doing it.