U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Hair acne i started a few years ago with hairline acne, which my doctor prescribed fluocinide gel usp, 0.05% . seeming helped for a period of time, but now i have these huge bumps all in my scalp, which drive me out of my mind. i itch and scratch. i d

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 23 years experience
If : If you have acne or folliculitis in the scalp, you may need an oral or topical antibiotic. Difficult to tell without a picture, but there are several options to control this condition. I would visit a dermatologist who should be able to help you with this condition. I hope that helps!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 21, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.