Should i go to the er or just wait and see. hello, i was diagnosed with a calcified 5 meningioma. down the middle of my brain. i have so far lost my since of smell, right eye double vision, loosing some of my taste now. my forehead goes numb every-now

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Frances Dyro answered

Specializes in Neurology

Dear : Dear patient, don't fool around. Get help right away. While calcified meningiomas are usually benign since the calcium deposits indicate slow growth. There is another reason meningiomas can take up space in the head and compress venous sinuses that carry blood back into the body's circulation. This can cause neurological symptoms like a venous sinus thrombosis. When you lose the ability to use your arm and have swelling and pain you know you have a serious issue. Go to the er.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.3k views

Dr. William Singer answered

Specializes in Pediatric Neurology

Meningioma: You should contact a neurosurgeon as soon as possible. If you cannot locate one, go to the emergency room and ask to see a neurosurgeon.

Answered 8/30/2013

4.9k views