could multiple pain relievers taken for a few days cause numbness and tingling in arms? i've had a headache for a few days, so i started with store brand aspirin, then moved onto ibuprofen, and then tried tylenol for arthritis. i have taken probably more

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engravanswered
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Although : Although not taking medications as prescribed is concerning, that is unlikely to be the cause. The numbness and tingling in your arms is concerning for compression of your spinal cord. You need to be seen immediately and have an MRI performed. If your arms feel numb, weak, or you are having pain then you should be seen in emergency. This could cause a permanent problem so it is extremely important to have this checked out.