U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Im having these really bad headaches and asprin is not helping what should i do? i've had these headaches for 2 days.its a throbbing pain. i took tyenol, advil, (ibuprofen) and bc headache powder. the pain is not as bad but never goes away?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Daniel Kantor
Neurology 20 years experience
A : A new or changing headache is a reason to seek medical attention. Headaches can be primary -- meaning that the headache is not caused by something else, or secondary -- meaning that there is another cause for the headache. Secondary headaches need to be investigated further in order to determine their cause. Using too much over the counter pain medicine can lead to a rebound headache from medication overuse and this is the most common cause of chronic daily headaches. Thank you, daniel kantor, md medical director neurologique president florida society of neurology board certified, headache medicine ---------------------------------------------------------------- be a leader, help the network ... Join neurologique@gmail.Com multiple sclerosis team approach rule *** ms patient network www.Neurologique.Org twitter, facebook, blogs, youtube and more.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Eric Hastriter
Pediatrics - Neurology 20 years experience
Pounding headache: If you have diagnoses of migraine, they can last up to 72 hours. If longer please see urgent care. Make sure to hydrate, eat three meals a day, exercise, and decrease stress, sleep regular hours, avoid caffeine. These tips will help to avoid future headaches.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.