U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

How can i cure my skin problem when it doesn't really resemble acne? i have had doctors tell me i had staph infections and mrsa on my face but the antibiotics they were giving didn't help. i have bumps on my face with pools of blood under the skin. after

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology 24 years experience
I : I would recommend you see a dermatologist and get this analyzed. Perhaps you need a different antibiotic or treatment regimen. It might be a good idea to consider having either a culture performed or maybe a small biopsy if the diagnosis is in doubt in order to rule out other conditions.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Krishna Narayanan
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Bactroban (mupirocin) : Sometimes use of Bactroban (mupirocin) Cream twice daily to the areas of bump on the face will help with the healing process if you had already been treated with systemic antibiotics for mrsa.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dermatology 27 years experience
A critical part of your care is to determine if you really have MRSA. If no one has ever done an actual culture which grew MRSA then there is no proof you have MRSA. Before you allow someone to treat you for MRSA make sure it is actually MRSA. If you have not yet seen a dermatologist then this would be a good time to do so.
Sep 3, 2013
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.