Is this is my menopause symptom? i haven't had my periods over 7weeks, i'm 48 years old

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Scott Musinski answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

The : The average age of menopause is 51 subject to genetic variation. The best predictor as to age of menopause is your mother's age at menopause. Leading up to the menopause (no periods in 1 year) women often experience irregular cycles caused by periods of anovulation. Hot flashes may be present for months to years preceding the actual cessation of menses.

Answered 10/3/2016

5.4k views

Dr. Paula Hillard answered

Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Could be pregnancy: Many things, including pregnancy, can cause a missed period, although pregnancy isn't common at your age. Keep track of your periods, use birth control if you're sexually active, and know that the definition of menopause is one full year without a period. You should talk with your doctor about the menopausal transition.

Answered 2/19/2013

5.4k views