A male asked:

Can a brow lift get rid of wrinkles between the eyes? the wrinkles on my forehead and between my eyes are so deep that i look angry all the time. would a brow lift work to smooth out my forehead and make me look less harsh?

Dr. Jeffrey Kyllo
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Deep : Deep wrinkles between the brows are a common reason to perform a browlift. While no procedure can completely remove wrinkles, there are procedures that can minimize the wrinkles. If a brow lift does not improve them enough, sometimes the addition of fat grafting or placing fascia tissue from the temple area will work well. To reduce the wrinkles with a browlift entails weakening or in some cases removing the muscles in the area between the brows. This does reduce the ability to frown but does limit the further development of those pesky lines. Browlifts can be performed in an office operating room as an outpatient. Methods used to perform browlifts include incisions in the hair, at the hairline, throught the upper eyelids, and also via endoscopic methods. Look for a surgeon who is certified by the american board of plastic surgery.
Dr. Gustavo Galante
37 years experience
Yes.: A brow lift is an excellent treatment option to improve the area around the eyebrows as you have described. However, Botox or its equivalent can soften those lines significantly with little to no downtime. The one major drawback is that it must be repeated 2-4 times per year.
Dr. Curtis Wong
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
What a browlift does: Different methods of browlifting can improve your frown lines but it often involves cutting muscles that if cut indiscriminately, can result in your brows actually migrating laterally. Discuss your concerns with the surgeon you choose to have this procedure done with.
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Yes: It sounds like a brow lift would be a reasonable option. You also might try using Botox first, to soften the wrinkles non-surgically.

Last updated Feb 6, 2019