Carpal tunnel had surgery on my right hand 12/08 because i was in a accident that cause me to have surgery on my right hand because i conuld't make a fist so now i had the surgery but now my hand & wrist just pain me all the time i don't sleep i can't l

Dr. Matthew Robon
Specializes in Hand Surgery
It's : It's impossible to diagnose your problem over the internet, but it sounds like you should see a hand surgeon to see if there is something that can be done. There are many problems that can possibly be taken care of...You just have to be willing to go to a hand surgeon and have him or her help you. If you want to read more about carpal tunnel syndrome, follow this link to the aaos website. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00005 hope this helps, matt robon, md.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Christopher Khorsandi
Plastic Surgery 23 years experience
Peak Reaction: You are experiencing what i like to call "peak reaction" time in the healing of carpal tunnel surgery. At approximately 6 weeks post op this occurs. The area of the palm is sore and swollen. Nsaids, warm soaks can help. Gentle massage can lessen the swelling. This will resolve within a few days to a few weeks. Usually by 3 months all swelling is gone. If it persists longer, follow-up w/ dr.
Last updated Oct 3, 2016