cyst in right hip i have a cyst in my right hip that is about 2" in diameter. i will be discussing how to treat it with my doctor soon but until then i'd like to know how they are formed and what the treatments are. i just finished nerve blocks on the fir

2 doctor answers
Dr. Thomas Tanous
16 years experience Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery
Typically : Typically cysts in the hip are the result of advanced osteoarthritis. A 2'' cyst is quite large in my experience. As you wear out the cartilage in the hip, the bone is exposed. Continued pressure from weight bearing can slowly push fluid into the spongy bone and ultimately cause the cysts to form. Generally, these resolve after joint replacement. I'd be concerned in this case due to the excessive size and probably should be imaged with MRI to rule out other occult causes. Hope this helps.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
4
Dr. Jeffrey Oppenheimer
36 years experience Neurosurgery
Injection: Steroid injection cyst aspiration arthroscopy.
Answered on Sep 28, 2016