If i have glaucoma and blindness in one eye, is it still okay to have lasik surgery?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Cornea, Cataract, & Refractive (LASIK & PRK) Surgery 19 years experience
Not a good idea: Lasik in patients with severe glaucoma is not a good idea. It could cause vision loss due to increased pressure during flap formation and makes it more difficult to follow the glaucomatous changes.
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Maybe: I am assuming that your seeing eye has no disease. If this is the case, then laser vision correction can be considered. The risk of surgery is small, but when the risk is on your only eye, it may be too high. Have a frank discussion with your ophthalmologist.
Dr. Richard Witlin
LASIK Surgery 47 years experience
Probably not: Many doctors avoid elective eye surgery on monocular patients. Glaucoma is often bilateral condition and could develop later in your other eye. Increases your risks. In any event, it is a prudent idea for you to be wearing eye protection (glasses) most of the time to protect your only remaining eye.