Saint Louis, MO

I got my flu shot five days ago and the area is still red, swollen, and tender and getting larger. is this something to be concerned about?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Concern, yes: This is not the reaction we want. Can it happen - it can. I would advise you to try hot warm compresses without burning yourself. (some may like ice, but in this case i would try heat). If you don't start to see slow improvement, you need to inform the doc who gave you the injection. You may be developing a reaction to the medication, or an infection.

Last updated Oct 8, 2017