ZA

Hi, saturday i noticed a mark on my leg, thought it was a scratch, on monday it was very red and looks like something bit me. today it is more red around it and kind of swollen. and i have flu like symptoms, headache, throat is sore and stuffy nose?

Dr. Barrett Mclaughlin
Emergency Medicine 9 years experience
Related? Maybe.: If the area on your skin has expanding redness, pain, swelling, it may be a bacterial infection of the skin, called cellulitis. More here: https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/cellulitis. That needs antibiotics. Bacterial infections can cause flu-like symptoms, and ticks can transmit other diseases as well. You may have cellulitis and a cold. Make a Dr's appointment. Heal well!

Last updated Jan 24, 2020