U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dunnellon, FL
A 61-year-old female asked:

My husband is diabetic and take metformin and januvia (sitagliptin) but he's sugar is always over 200 and up what is wrong?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Specializes in Endocrinology
Intensify treatment: He might need stronger medications or Insulin at this time. He will still need to make sure he is eating the right food and putting effort in an exercise regimen. Keep close follow up with his physician so that his medications can be changed appropriately.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.