A member asked:

What is the drug that will resuscitate someone from a heroin overdose?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Luke Hermann answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

Narcan (naloxone) is the drug used to reverse the effects of heroin and other opiate compounds. Because this drug is not available "over the counter" however, it is not available for use by anyone except licensed medical providers.

Answered Sep 28, 2016



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Momen El Nesr answered

Specializes in Addiction Medicine

Iv administration of Narcan (naloxone) under medical supervision.

Answered Jun 30, 2014



Related Questions

A member asked:

Which drug is worst for your health: crystal meth or heroin?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor