U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Beverly Hills, CA
A 30-year-old female asked:

Could colon cancer t4 , no positive nodes, but isolated tumor deposits found in pericolic tissue be cured with chemotherapy and radiation?

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Stein
Colon and Rectal Surgery 25 years experience
Surgery is the best : Shot. A T4 lesion means the cancer has grown outside the walls of the colon and into adjacent structures. If all of the cancer can be surgically removed you can be cured. Often we add chemotherapy and radiation if there are positive microscopic cells left behind. Newer techniques such as hipec are also used in these cases.
Dr. Stephen Noga
Medical Oncology 35 years experience
Surgery best shot: Prior md already covered this well...Best chance is removal of all tumor if that is possible.
A Verified Doctoranswered
29 years experience
Possibly: T4 means metastasis to other organ(s) the liver is the common site. Liver with with 1-2 adjacent spots is possible to do surgery for curative purpose. Will need chemotherapy. Surgeon and oncologist need to work together. Large comprehensive cancer center are better in managing metastatic colon cancer when curative surgery is a possible option. Radiation is usually for rectal cancer not colon ca.
Dr. Aasim Sehbai
Medical Oncology 25 years experience
Clarification: here T4 implies depth of tumor (of TNM classification) and does not mean stage 4 colon cancer. Cure is definitely possible.
Jan 5, 2013

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 15, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.