Should i be worried if my achilles tendon is making a popping noise whenever i walk? how can i fix it?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Matthew Cerniglia answered

Specializes in

See below: Most likely it's not the achilles but the ankle joint and it is perfectly normal as long as the popping is not associated with a sharp pain. If the tendon feels weak or has been injured a boot or brace may be warranted.

Answered 4/23/2018

5.5k views

Dr. Randy Lisch answered

Specializes in Podiatry

No: If the area is painful or it feels so weak that you are not able to stand or walk, than you need to see someone right away. Popping of tendons is not unusual, as they will occasionally due this when not warmed up or after overuse. This is usually caused by the tendon popping in and out of the boney areas that it comes in contact with. If unsure, see your podiatrist.

Answered 4/23/2018

5.5k views