U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old female asked:

Where can i get a punch skin biopsy done to test for nsf? i live in canada, but am willing to travel to the us for one if necessary.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Despain
Dermatology 38 years experience
NSF: If you are referring to nephrogenic systemic fibrosis (nsf) or nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy any derm can do an exam and biopsy ( better an incisional biopsy, a punch is for more superficial disorders).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 15, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.