Is getting a combination of invisalign/veneers beneficial?

14 doctors weighed in across 8 answers
Dr. Donald Rollofson answered

Specializes in Dentistry

The better the alignment, spacing, and alignment of the underlying teeth in veneer cases the easier it is to have a great esthetic result.

Answered Apr 25, 2016

5.5k views

Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
appScreen
Sponsor Content
Dr. R Thomas answered

Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

Many times, invisalign alone can prevent the need for veneers. However, sometimes either color or size/shape of some teeth may require veneers or crowns. Invisalign can place them in the optimal position for the best results.

Answered Dec 10, 2012

5.4k views

Dr. Arman Roksar answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Prosthodontics

The invisalign will help with the alignment of the teeth. The veneers will help in changing the shape, size and color of the teeth.

Answered Feb 9, 2013

5.3k views

Dr. S. jay Bowman answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Orthodontics

In some specific situations, clear aligner orthodontic treatment may be followed by dental restorations to improve esthetics of your smile. It's best to make an appointment with a licensed orthodontic specialist for an assessment of your needs first.

Answered Feb 19, 2013

5.3k views

Dr. Pablo Cuevas answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

In many cases it is ideal treatment. There was a time when dentist would place veneers on poorly positioned teeth resulting in thick teeth or excessive grinding of teeth that stuck out. Invisalign places the teeth in their ideal healthy position allowing the dentist to fabricate ultra thin veneers that are stronger and longer lasting. Whom ever gave you this advice knows what they are doing.

Answered May 17, 2013

5.1k views

Dr. Mark Kurchak answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Orthodontics

If some of your teeth are stained, fractured or too small in their proportions, then veneers after invisailgn would be very beneficial.

Answered May 28, 2013

5.1k views

Dr. Eric Eltzroth answered

Specializes in

It can be of definite benefit depending on your situation. Having teeth aligned prior to veneers can allow less removal of tooth structure when preparing your teeth for veneers.

Answered Mar 18, 2017

4.9k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Sometimes Orthodontically repositioning teeth eliminates need for restorations. At other times Orthodontic Treatment can create the best possible platform on which to do restorative treatment. See qualified Orthodontic Specialist for Initial Examination (usually free) and discussion of treatment options. Orthodontist will team with your Restorative Dentist to give you best possible solution.

Answered Dec 13, 2017

447 views