what can be done for teeth grinding?

Dr. TED FEDER
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 40 years experience
Night/bite Guard: Go to your local drug store and get a universal night or bite guard. Be patient- it might take days or weeks to see an improvement. Or your dentist can make a more comfortable appliance but $$. Maybe your bite needs to be adjusted by a dentist.
Dr. Ryan Tamburrino
Specializes in Orthodontics
Get an appliance: Talk with your dentist about having an appliance made to help prevent stresses on the chewing system as well as to protect the teeth. There are several different options that are available. The devices you can buy at the store have been shown to actually increase stresses and induce grinding activity, so these are not recommended.
Dr. Peter Certo
Dentistry 29 years experience
Bruxism: Only your dentist can determine the proper treatment for your grinding. Generally a night guard or bruising appliance can help prevent the damaged caused by grinding your teeth.
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Cosmetic Dentistry 25 years experience
GrindCare: A grinding plate also called a bruxguard is the most common choice. However recently a new deice has become available to shut down the muscle hyperactivity during night time grinding. I have been successfully been using this device to treat night bruxism and clenching. It is an external device that uses biofeedback.